Feast your eyes on these perfect light blue and green mid-century Murano glass ducks, probably by Archimede Seguso*. We've used backlighting to best display the incredible colors and craftmanship in this seemingly simple bird set. Notice how the colors on the body meld perfectly into one another in a seamless blur? That's one sure way to tell true Murano craftsmanship from the hordes of China-made imitations that comprise the MAJORITY of Murano glass sold online. (Search "Murano birds" on alibaba.com and you'll quickly see how China-based glassblowers haven't come close to this kind of serious skill--yet.) This gorgeous pair of Seguso/Murano love birds (love ducks?) are 8" and 7" tall, respectively. Minty and near-pristine, they won't last!
* I say 'probably' because while Pina attributes this design to Seguso in her collector's book (see photo #3), I've still yet to see one with a Seguso label. See the Murano Zoo for another example of this beauty. (https://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-by-archimede-seguso-1/birds-by-archimede-seguso-4)
DIMENSIONS: #1 ~8" tall x 9" long x 3"; #2 ~7" tall, 5" long, 3" thick
Did you know...
* We're always open to offers--if you see something you like, drop us a note!
* GLASSpheme is now on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/GLASSpheme/
© 2015-2020 GLASSpheme.com. All Rights Reserved.
Imitation may be flattery, folks, but our descriptions and photographs (or any part thereof) are the intellectual property of GLASSpheme.com and may not be used without permission. Violators are being reported to the sites they appear on (Ebay, Chairish, 1stDibs, etc.).
3-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 0 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
We will never send you unsolicited messages! Customers and friends who wish to recieve first word of our promotions/coupons can subscribe to our mailing list by emailing Glass@GLASSpheme.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
GLASSpheme loves custom orders! But how do we 'customize' vintage glass? Simple. We love glass and we love our customers--and there are many ways we can help!
1) Volume discounts: Let's say there are several pieces you MUST have. Let me know, and I'll send you our very best price for the lot.
2) Custom displays: Say you have a special place in your home that SCREAMS for a glass display. Send me a photo of the space, your budget, and the accent colors for your room, and we'll send you photographs of possible groupings and our special pricing for the lot.
3) Tell us what groupings you have in mind, and we'll photograph them together for you so you can see how they'll look together.
What could be better than giving a gorgeous piece of vintage glass as a gift? (Aside from getting one, that is.) Glass is beautiful and functional--mostly! Consider a super mod biomorphic bowl or cased glass jar for a vanity or dresser, a platter/centerpiece for fruit on a countertop, or a vase for cut flowers. Not only does vintage glass bring exquisite delight to the most mundane of household functions (you should see our soap dishes), but our beauties increase in value over time. Send us a note telling us your purchase is a gift, and we will send it along with your personalized gift card, colorful tissue paper and a bow. (You alone will receive the receipt by email.)
GLASSpheme ships your purchase on the very next business day, but we're flexible too! If you're going away on vacation or have a special date you'd like your gift to arrive, send us a note, and we'll time our shipping for you!
Simple! Join the GLASSpheme mailing list! Paste this link in your browser, send us your email address, and VOILA--you'll be among the first to know when your favorite piece of glass is on sale, or when we're offering coupons.
We sure do, all the time! Simply send us a photograph of the pieces you wish to sell and we'll make you our best offer! If you accept it, all you have to do is send us an invoice through Paypal, and ship it to us, if local pick-up isn't possible.