The next time you're considering entertaining 100 of your closest friends and family, consider this spectacular and gargantuan 22-inch-in-diameter glass platter/bowl/centerpiece. We've never seen anything like it in this size--the only 22 inch blown glass platters available seem to be lightweight wall platters meant for hanging. You don't want to hang this. It weighs about 15 pounds.
Note the thick glob/swirls of crystal at the underside of the pure golden amber body and the surface drama it creates. This impossible-to-find piece screams Circa 1960s or 70s Murano (the base wear backs the age part anyway), but exhaustive searches turned up no conclusive attribution. Many other bowls or ashtrays with similar blobs have been attributed to Flavio Poli | Seguso, but if not for the fact that there is no visible signature, I'd say it has a Chalet or Jordan Imports vibe to it as well.
Please also note:
1) The platter top is a pure golden amber--I can't find a white surface large enough to photograph this without shadows so the photo suggests a shading that isn't there.
2) This piece is going to take some serious time to find a large enough box, so while it will ship within 4 days, I won't be able to get it out the next business day.
Dimensions: 23" in diameter x ~4" tall
Condition: Near perfect, with expected age-related base wear
Did you know...
* We're always open to offers--if you see something you like, drop us a note!
* GLASSpheme is now on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/GLASSpheme/
3-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 0 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
We will never send you unsolicited messages! Customers and friends who wish to recieve first word of our promotions/coupons can subscribe to our mailing list by emailing Glass@GLASSpheme.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
GLASSpheme loves custom orders! But how do we 'customize' vintage glass? Simple. We love glass and we love our customers--and there are many ways we can help!
1) Volume discounts: Let's say there are several pieces you MUST have. Let me know, and I'll send you our very best price for the lot.
2) Custom displays: Say you have a special place in your home that SCREAMS for a glass display. Send me a photo of the space, your budget, and the accent colors for your room, and we'll send you photographs of possible groupings and our special pricing for the lot.
3) Tell us what groupings you have in mind, and we'll photograph them together for you so you can see how they'll look together.
What could be better than giving a gorgeous piece of vintage glass as a gift? (Aside from getting one, that is.) Glass is beautiful and functional--mostly! Consider a super mod biomorphic bowl or cased glass jar for a vanity or dresser, a platter/centerpiece for fruit on a countertop, or a vase for cut flowers. Not only does vintage glass bring exquisite delight to the most mundane of household functions (you should see our soap dishes), but our beauties increase in value over time. Send us a note telling us your purchase is a gift, and we will send it along with your personalized gift card, colorful tissue paper and a bow. (You alone will receive the receipt by email.)
GLASSpheme ships your purchase on the very next business day, but we're flexible too! If you're going away on vacation or have a special date you'd like your gift to arrive, send us a note, and we'll time our shipping for you!
Simple! Join the GLASSpheme mailing list! Paste this link in your browser, send us your email address, and VOILA--you'll be among the first to know when your favorite piece of glass is on sale, or when we're offering coupons.
We sure do, all the time! Simply send us a photograph of the pieces you wish to sell and we'll make you our best offer! If you accept it, all you have to do is send us an invoice through Paypal, and ship it to us, if local pick-up isn't possible.
Apr 29, 2021
Beautiful piece of glass. Hats off to the packer, it made it in one piece.